rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

The doings

So I'm pretty sure I love working at my job at the Restaurant, but I am aware of some doings that I know are a little sketchy and would not fly after my 3 months probation.

Nothing at risk with the Health Board, mind you, but more in lines of contradicting the Labour Board statutes.

First of all, I don't think it's appropriate for the owner of the restaurant to call one of his works (not me, I think he likes me so far) a cocky little bitch. That seemed a little intense.
Second of all, I don't think that getting absolutely no breaks for however you work is a little inappropriate as well, I've worked shifts from 10.5h down to 5h and we get absolutely nothing.
Thirdly, I understand some people try to manage their food so that people don't go stealing and such but I think it would only be nice if waitors got free food or something while we work... I mean the kitchen does...
Fourthly, I should not have to feel RUSHED to place an order of a table that just came in before 9:45 or the kitchen will absolutely NOT make it.
Example: Last night I had a table come in at 9:40 (We close at 10, but stop taking orders at 9:45) and purchase a bottle of wine for 40$... of course I'm going to serve them. After that they said they wanted to eat, so I told my other waitor that they wanted to order and her exact words were "You better get their orders in FAST before 9:45 or ***** will NOT make their food. Now, if he didn't make their food, WE are the ones that deal with the bullshit. Needless to say, I got the order in at exactly 9:44 so the order went through.

That's just some of the weirdness that's been going on there, other than that tips are amazing, the girls I work with are good, and 9/10 the customers are pretty good, minus a few bad apples but I'm used to deal with those.

Ps. Staples sucks.

0 people commented: